Vacancy: Editorial Assistant
An exciting new opening is available for a full-time Editorial Assistant in our busy Oxford office. We are seeking an enthusiastic, well-organised and detail-oriented candidate to support our Commissioning Editors and Publishing Director. The ideal candidate will be a native English speaker and have experience in academic copy-editing in English. Fluency in another language (French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and/or Italian) would be advantageous.
- Soliciting and managing publicity materials for all titles
- Performing editorial checks on manuscripts and indexes
- Liaising with authors and volume editors on their manuscripts
- Proofreading book cover materials
- Managing the workload in an efficient and time-sensitive manner
- Communicating with in-house editors and production team
The successful candidate will be someone who works well within a team and has excellent communication skills. She or he will need to maintain good relationships with authors and volume editors as well as colleagues in the Oxford office and in the other Peter Lang offices worldwide.
Please apply in the first instance with your covering letter and CV to the Publishing Director, Lucy Melville: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary description: £22,000 p.a.
Deadline for application: 12 noon, 17 June 2016